Friday, April 16, 2010

Visitors from Chile

On Saturday the 10th Ryan's favorite mission companion Elder Rolando (a.k.a. Rolo) Balmaceda came with his wife to visit us all the way from Chile! I was pretty nervous that they were coming because first of all Ryan hasn't seen him in over 6 years, so he wasn't sure how they would get along, and his sweet wife Brenda doesn't speak English! But after spending an hour with them I knew it was going to be a really FUN weekend! Ryan and Rolo picked up right where they left off! They were so funny together. There was a lot of translating going on...but luckily Rolo speaks really good English so it wasn't too bad!


On Monday we got to go to Disneyland. Ryan has not been to Disneyland since Carson was about 10 months old. I had a pass last year so I took the kids all the time...but Ryan finally broke down and bought one on Monday...and we also renewed mine! So we are very excited to go to Disneyland with Ryan!! Of course it will be mostly at night when he gets off work, but we will take what we can get!! :)


While we were there Carson was asking for Mickey gloves. Carson is usually really good about not asking for toys and stuff while we are there, but I think it was because Dad was there, and he usually gives in, so I think Carson was testing to see if he would give in...but no luck! Fortunately for Carson, Brenda also really wanted a pair of Mickey gloves. So she went in a store to buy them and when she came out she gave one of them to Carson. So sweet...but my almost 3 year old could not quite understand why he only got one, so instead of saying thank you, he just kept asking for the other one...so below is a picture of Carson and Ryan having a little heart to heart about being grateful for what we have....


Luckily it worked and he said thank you and even smiled for a few pictures with Brenda!


Below is a picture of Brenda and Rolo on the Buzz Lightyear ride. This was our last ride of the day...we decided to see who could get the most points, and I am happy to report that I won. Of course I don't think it was very fair because it is Carson's favorite ride and we go on it at least twice every time we are there! Needless to say I am a little more experienced! :)


Sweet Bailey didn't have a nap all day, and surprisingly did really well at Disneyland until the last half hour. She was pretty upset. I tried to get her to sleep, but she will only fall asleep on Ryan. I don't know how he does it or why she will only sleep on his shoulder?? It is great that he can do that, but bad for me when he isn't there to help me out...like at church when he has to teach the third hour and Bailey is freaking out because she is so tired! I guess he just has the magic touch!

Anyways...we had a great time with Rolo and Brenda and we hope they come back soon! We also just got an email from them today telling us that Brenda is pregnant! We are so excited for them and know that they will be great parents!!

2 comments:

Sunnie said...

i love disneyland! and why is it that dad's have a way with the babies? jake has always been able to get our kids to go to sleep. it's really unfair.

Kelly said...

Love the pictures of Ryan with each of the kids. Such great parents. So nice they could come to visit you. The glove story is hilarious! Kind of like a Michael Jackson thing, huh? hahahaha! Miss you guys!