Friday, December 17, 2010

All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth

About a year ago Carson went to a basketball game and while running across the bleachers he trip and hit his front teeth. He chipped both of them, but it didn't seem to bother him so I never took him in. Well about a month and a half ago I noticed a little sore on his gum right above his front tooth. So on December 4th Ryan took Carson to the dentist. He called me when he was done and told me that they were going to have to pull both his front teeth. Well I was a little upset because I realized my little boy wouldn't have his front teeth for a couple years. Ryan didn't think it was a big deal which helped me calm down and try to come to grips with it. I guess both of his teeth were abscessed, meaning there was an infection so they put him on an antibiotic for a week and on December 11th I took him back to get his teeth pulled.

So here is the new and improved Carson...


It is still a little weird for me sometimes, but I still think he is adorable! He did really great at the dentist. He was really brave, but lost it when they gave him the shots to numb it.
However, he was really excited that he got to go to the store and pick out a new toy and that the tooth fairy brought him 5 one dollar bills and some M&M's. We told him that the tooth fairy doesn't usually bring that much, but when the dentist pulls them that she gives a little more...basically don't get used to that bud!! I loved his face on Sunday morning when he came in to show us what the tooth fairy had brought. I thought his eyes were going to pop out of his head! :)

Well later that day, after the dentist, we went with Katie and Jesse to the L.A. temple to see the lights and the new visitors center. It was pretty crowded so we didn't stay for too long. But we did get some pictures...

Mine and Ryan's anniversary is actually tomorrow on the 18th and this picture was taken on the the 11th, but it has been almost 6 years since we walked out those iron gates a married couple! CRAZY!!


I love the temple!

6 comments:

Grammie in CA said...

I am so sorry--it seems that this was much more traumatic for you than Carson! I love "the window in his smile" an old preschool teacher saying. Carolyn

Kimber Ryan Van and Tye said...

Wow, you sure had a lot to catch up on! Your kids are adorable, and I can't believe you and Ryan have been married 6 year... SO crazy!

The Littlest Moons said...

Who is the guy with Katie!? And my older brother didn't have two front teeth for years when he was little too, and it was the cutest thing. we were all kind of sad when they came in! Now when we see pictures from then and his teeth are gone it melts our hearts! I totally get why that was upsetting, but he is a cutie no matter what!

Kirstie said...

i love carson's missing teeth!! and i heard the new visitors center is awesome, i want to go!

The Littlest Moons said...

I forgot to say happy anniversary! I am so happy for Katie! Please tell her Congrats for me and that I still love her to death!

heidibudge said...

Poor Carson! But he's still adorable!!!