Friday, April 24, 2009

Easter Blessings


Bailey was blessed on Easter Sunday. It was such a great day! And although it doesn't look like Bailey enjoyed herself, she was actually really good all day! Well after church we had our family over for a small lunch, and in preparation for that Ryan worked really hard to get the yard done. Well of course Carson wanted to help! Maybe we have a future nursery man on our hands!

The yard turned out beautiful! Ryan did a really great job!


We had so many family members there to support us. We are so blessed to have such an amazing family! The only person missing Uncle Danny, who is serving a mission!

Bailey looked really cute that day! We feel so lucky that she is part of our family! She has such a cute personality! She makes me laugh all the time! And of course I love dressing her up with bows and lots and lots of PINK! I love being a mom to her and Carson...lets just hope they feel the same way!?!


Her dress was actually made out of my wedding dress. It turned out better then I thought it would. Ryan did a great job on her blessing. One thing he said is that she will be a calming influence on her brother...(one can hope!) A funny story though...Bailey's dress was a silky material underneath, so she was pretty slippery. I guess while they were getting ready to bless her, they almost dropped her! Moral of the story...try to get a material that isn't slippery! Luckily Ryan caught her and no one was hurt! :)


After we ate, we all got changed and headed to the Zylstra's. Before we left we took this really cute picture of Uncle Brock with Carson. Carson is wearing the "All Black" shirt Uncle Brock brought back for him from New Zealand. I guess that is a really good Rugby team over there.



Then we went to Zylstra's to dye some Easter eggs. Here is how it started...Carson was loving it. He was dipping the eggs in and then he realized...


it was dying his hands the same color. For those of you who know Carson...he does not like things on his hands! We tried to was it off, but of course it didn't come off. Luckily...


he got over it and we had a great Easter. We had an Easter egg hunt and Carson LOVED it. We had a great day with everyone!

5 comments:

Sunnie said...

fun to hear from you again! your baby is beautiful! i can't believe brock is home already. crazy!

Heather Heaton said...

Bailey looked so beautiful in dress!! I love it! I can't believe Ryan almost dropped her!! That would have been awful!

Megan said...

So glad you finally decided to update your blog! Adam told me they almost dropped Bailey so I'm glad Ryan was on the ball and caught her. She looks so cute! Since Carson is feeling better we have to get together this week!

Kelly said...

Yeah - I kind of thought you would update your blog with pics of Bailey's blessing. Such a beautiful dress - perfect for a beautiful baby girl. I didn't hear about her almost being "fumbled" - oh my gosh! At least Ryan was able to recover and give her a nice blessing. Such a great-looking family.

Dustin and Julianne said...

You are just a blogging fool, aren't you?!?! :-) So happy to see you guys. You look beautiful and I LOVE your hair! I can't wait to see Bailey in person, she looks like a little sweetheart.