On Saturday July 25th we headed down to Newport with Ryan's family. Our first order of business...unpacking a waiting (not very patiently) for Uncle Tanner to arrive with Aunt Wee Wee (as Carson calls her) and Uncle Brock. You see...Ryan's parents had Tanners big white envelope with them, and we could not wait to see where he would be spending the next two years!! When they finally got there we all sat down (I took the video camera in the hopes that I would be the most calm) and Tanner opened his call. He will be leaving September 9th for Tampa, Florida!!!! We are so excited for Tanner and know that he will be a great missionary. My kids love Uncle Tanner so much, and I am so grateful that he is setting such a great example them. Hopefully Carson follows in his footsteps! We love you Tanner!
This is just a cute picture of Carson and Bailey after they went swimming. Ryan's mom has a lot more pictures of Carson swimming. I will have to get them from her and post a few.
On Monday we went and ate at Ruby's diner. Ryan hates pictures but I did get one of him and Bailey. Bailey is such a happy baby!! She is always smiling. Even in the morning when she wakes up, she will just sit in her crib talking and laughing until I come get her. Now maybe most babies are like that, but Carson was not. Don't get me wrong he was a great baby, but I had to work pretty hard to get him to smile and I don't think he laughed out loud until he was like one!

A little background on this picture!! We were trying to get Carson to smile for some pictures at the temple and I told him to show Grandma his biggest smile. He would get the cheesiest grin on his face. So while we were eating at Ruby's I told Tanner and Brock to show me their biggest smiles and this is what I got...
After we ate at Ruby's we went over to balboa island and Carson went on the Merry-go-round twice. He loved it!
One night we ate at Claim Jumper. The food is AMAZING!! While we were there Carson decided to take some pictures with Aunt Wee Wee's camera. For some reason he thinks he has to put his eye up to the camera. But he took a ton of pictures! Also a little side note...while we were on vacation Carson became OBSESSED with two things! One of those is gum. I would try to give him gum before but he would always swallow it, and while we were there he finally learned to not only chew it for a long time, but he will put it in the trash when he is done. Finally!! The second one is Dora the Explorer! A little background on this one...Carson does not watch T.V.! Trust me, I have tried EVERY CARTOON THERE IS!! He just won't sit and watch it! Well before we left he had sat a few times with me and watched a full episode of Dora, he even started to ask if I would turn it on. I was amazed...but while we were down there he became obsessed. He must have watched the same episode 25 times. This may sound bad but I am pretty excited that he will sit and watch T.V. now!
We also ate at one of Ryan's favorite restaurants...Javiers. They have the best chips and salsa! Below is a picture of Ryan with his brothers! They all have so much fun together, and played Rook ALL the time down there!
Overall we had a great vacation with Ryan's family. It was so great to spend time with everyone! Thanks Mom and Dad for a great week!


7 comments:
That looks like a blast! Your kids are so darling! Carson is getting so big. I love to see what you guys are up to! keep in touch!
I so glad you guys had such a good time! I love your header picture. Absolutely adorable! <3
Really, really I'M so glad...not I so glad!
About time you updated your blog! Bailey looks so stinking cute in every picture, love that smile. Morgan keeps telling me we are playing pretend and that I should be Carson. Hopefully I'm doing an ok job until you FINALLY get back!
Love all of the pictures and comments. That is so funny about Carson not liking T.V. I hate to say it, but it's a great little baby-sitter. Oh wait, he's not a baby - just WANTS to be one! LOL It does keep them occupied, though, and there are some great shows for kids now. You know, besides Sesame Street and Mr. Rogers way back when Ryan and Brett were kids! I saw some of the vacation pics on Whitney or Tanner's blog (can't remember which - getting old!) - love the ones with all of the "guys". Such a great family.
Correction - Whitney or Tanner's Facebook!
Mike LOVES Javier's too! Sounds like you guys had so much fun...vacations are the best.
Post a Comment