So I just want to know if it is bad for a kid to start Kindergarten in Diapers?? Because that is the road that we are on! Carson hates toilets. Every time I even suggest peeing in the toilet he freaks out! I will demonstrate that with a little conversation I had with him today! Keep in mind he just started talking better (he is a late bloomer when it comes to verbal communication) but today he definitely got his point across just fine! :)The Scene: I am putting Bailey and Carson in the bath tub. Bailey goes in first and then I take off Carson's diaper and you can tell from his body language that he has to go the the bathroom.
Carson: "Ya"
Me: "Do you want to go in the big boy potty" as I pull out his toilet
Carson: "No baf tub" (a.k.a. bath tub)
Me: "Carson if you go pee in the big boy potty daddy will bring you home a treat!"
Carson then sits down on the toilet for about 5 seconds and gets off again
Carson: pointing at the tub "Pee Baf Tub" (a.k.a. I want to pee in the Bath tub)
Me: "Do you want to go to the store and buy a new ball?"
Carson: "YA!"
Me: "If you go in the big potty right now then we can go to the store and get a new ball!"
Carson: sitting back down on the toilet "I want two!"
Me: "You want TWO balls?"
Carson: "Ya"
Me: desperate at this point "Alright if you go RIGHT now then you can get two new balls!"
Carson: sits for about 5 seconds before standing up "No Ball"
Me: "You don't want a new ball?"
Carson: "No."
Me: "Do you want to go to the store and buy a new ball?"
Carson: "YA!"
Me: "If you go in the big potty right now then we can go to the store and get a new ball!"
Carson: sitting back down on the toilet "I want two!"
Me: "You want TWO balls?"
Carson: "Ya"
Me: desperate at this point "Alright if you go RIGHT now then you can get two new balls!"
Carson: sits for about 5 seconds before standing up "No Ball"
Me: "You don't want a new ball?"
Carson: "No."
At this point I give up and put him in the tub. After being in for about 1.5 seconds he of course PEES!! So ANNOYING!!
Me: "Carson do you want to be a big boy?"
Carson: "Yep!"
Me: "Well big boys go potty in the toilet. So do you want to go potty in the toilet like a big boy?"
Carson: "No, I baby."Carson: "Yep!"
Me: "Well big boys go potty in the toilet. So do you want to go potty in the toilet like a big boy?"
Me: "You want to be a baby?"
Carson: "Yep!"
So there you have it! My son wants to be a BABY!!

And for now he is WINNING!

6 comments:
That is too funny, Zee! It looks like you have your hands full! I can't imagine trying to talk someone into using a toilet! Good luck :)
Hey Lindsay, Mike said to try letting him go pee in the bushes outside! He used to "tell" our boys do that - scary, isn't it? They seemed to like it. I remember we had these little paper things that you could put in the toilet that looked like a bullseye. Brett liked trying to hit and sink it with his "jetstream". I wouldn't worry about it. My boys were late potty trainers and they turned out normal - at least I think they are normal! LOL
That is a crack up!!! Don't worry that is totally how Hailee was!! Maybe give it a couple months and then start again, he is young still. I know how frustrating it is though! Good luck! ;)
That is so funny! Ali is totally freaked out about the little training potty I bought...but she'll sit on the BIG one...weird!! Try cheerios...hahah..he won't go to kidnergarten in diapers!! ;)
Don't worry because he'll be going soon enough. You are so funny...like he won't be potty trained by kindergarten. It he isn't potty trained by 4 I'll start helping you...Like I know what I'm doing :)
i just did this with kyler...i wanted him to do it...then i gave up and one day he came into me and said "mom...i'm a big boy i just go to the potty now k." he will do it on his own time! how old is he? i'm coming down in a few days...i would love to see you!!
Post a Comment