Sunday, January 3, 2010

Christmas 2009

Christmas this year was really fun!! We actually stayed at my parents house on Christmas Eve. My children decided that it would be fun to stay up that night cry...so we didn't get much sleep...of course it didn't help that my dad came in and woke them up in the morning!! :) I think he was more excited then they were. I would have let them sleep, but my dad said..."it is Christmas Lindsay, I am waking them up!" Carson took a while to get happy! This is what he looked like for the first 15 minutes!

Every year we get matching Pajamas. So here are all the girls in our cute polka dot Pajamas!


And here are the boys!

So as you can see, once Carson saw his presents, he perked right up!! The easel and hat were from Grandma and Grandpa and Santa brought him a bike! The minute Carson opened that hat, he didn't want to take it off...it was so funny!

Santa brought Bailey this little push toy to help her walk! She really likes it and does really good at walking with it...but still struggles without it!

Bailey also got a doll from Grandma and Grandpa. She was pretty excited about it!

After we finished opening gifts with the Hatch's, we went up to the Zylstra's to open more gifts! Carson got a pirate ship from Grandma and Grandpa, which he LOVED! Can you tell??
We also got to talk to Uncle Tanner while we were there. He sounded really good, and it was really fun to talk to him!! We sure miss him, but he says he is loving Florida. After we finished at Zylstra's we headed over to my Aunt and Uncles house to be with my dad's side of the family. There were A LOT of people there. I have 40 cousins on my dad's side of the family! So we had over 80 people there! It was a really special Christmas because my grandparents are leaving to serve their 5th mission in Guatemala! It was really fun to see all my cousins and their families. Sadly, I didn't get any pictures while I was there, but we did take a big group picture that I am hoping to get a copy of.

The next day we went up to Santa Barbara to spend time with the Zylstra family. It was great to see everyone. Ryan's Aunt Meet was here from Holland and it was really great to see her again. I was also lame up there and did not get a picture with her, but I did take a picture of Carson playing basketball with Opa.

Overall it was a great Christmas!! I can't believe how fast it came and went, but I am excited to start 2010! Hopefully it is a good year!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Yeah, I've been waiting for your Christmas post! First of all, the jammie idea is TOO CUTE! The girls look great, the guys, well what do ya' do for guy jammies! LOL Great pictures, and Carson is such a "ham". I didn't realize what a BUSY couple of days you guys had - no wonder the kids were tired. It was great seeing your adorable family! Love you!

Heather Heaton said...

Cute pictures! looks like you guys had a great Christmas! I love that picture of Bailey with her baby doll, so cute!

Frei Family said...

Cute Jammies!! I am so glad everyone was feeling good for the big day! I heard the flu swept the whole fam! YOur kiddos are getting so big!!