We had a great Thanksgiving. We spent it in Utah with Ryan's family. We spent Thanksgiving day at Ryan's Uncle and Aunts in Sandy. The food was amazing and Ryan's Aunt had all the tables decorated so cute! Both of our children slept through dinner, but I actually enjoyed my food a lot more, and then when they finally woke up I heated them up some food.
This is a classic Carson face. And it is not because he didn't like the food, it was because he didn't want to smile for the picture! Trust me...He loved the food.
While Carson was sleeping Grandpa and Logan built this snowman, and Grandpa was very excited to take Carson out to see it when he woke up. He even asked at one point if he could go wake him up...unfortunately Carson is not very sweet if he does not get his nap! But he loved it when he woke up! He even helped put the arms and hat on him.
This is just a cute picture of Grandma and Bailey! Bailey Loves Grandma. If she even walks by her she will reach out and want Grandma to hold her. It is really sweet.

Aunt Whitney was holding Bailey during the game, and this is the position that she enjoyed sitting in for part of the game. Doesn't look very comfortable to me!

Carson got to see Cosmo this game. Cosmo even came up at one point during the game and picked Carson up. He was loving it!!
Carson loves wearing Ryan's hats, but they are huge on him and so we thought it was time to get him is own hat that fits him!
Well while we were in Utah we took our first trip to the Emergency Room. On Saturday night we had a late night. We had put Bailey down for bed around 11:00 and then we were playing cards next door with Ryan's family. Then around 12:30 we took Carson in to put him to bed. Well around 12:45 Carson started to jump on the bed. Ryan told him that he needed to stop because it was time for bed. As Ryan turned around to plug his cell phone in Carson started to jump again, and he fell off the bed and hit his head. We are not sure what he hit it on because I was in the bathroom and Ryan was not looking. But we are pretty sure it was on the corner of the desk. Ryan quietly(because Bailey was sleeping), but very intensely said my name so I came running out thinking the worst. Ryan was holding Carson and I ran out thinking I was going to find Carson unconscious on the floor, but he was just crying on Ryan's shoulder. So I told Ryan that he freaked me out for no reason! He then touched the back of Carson's head and when he pulled his hand away there was blood on it. So I checked it out, since Ryan can't handle things like that as well as I can. It looked pretty deep so we ran over to Ryan's parents room and Maxine thought that we should go take him in. So she came in and slept in the room with Bailey who was now awake. And we took off to the E.R.

We got to the E.R. around 1:30 and signed Carson in. There were probably 10-15 people waiting in the waiting room. And everyone looked really tired. But not Carson. He had stopped crying by the time we got to the hospital and he was very hyper! So he was running around like crazy. He found two wet floor cones and he put them together and told us that he was building a castle. They also had a fish tank in the waiting room and he loved looking at them.
Finally around 3:30 they called our name. They took us back into this room. They nurse came in and looked at it and said that he would probably need a few staples. I wasn't sure at this point what or how they were going to do this to my very stubborn and very upset 2 year old. He hates the doctors. All of them. Even when we go for check ups and they have him stand on the scale, he cries and cries. So I asked her if they were going to put him under or if they give him a shot to numb it because I didn't think he would hold still for a shot in his head. She said that the shot would probably hurt more then if they just put the staples in. So they put some numbing cream on his head and secured there with a bandage!
They left it on for about a half an hour and then the doctor came in with two nurses. They mummy wrapped him in the sheet and one of the nurses held him over her lap while the other one held his head. The doctor then inserted 4 staples into his head. He was screaming, but I don't think he was screaming because it hurt, but because these strangers were holding him down. After they were done I picked him up and he stopped crying and told me he was ready to go back to the hotel. It was now 4:15 a.m.!!! So it was a long night. (if you enlarge the picture below you can see the staples better.)
We were planning on waking up at 5:30 to start our long drive home, but we didn't get up until 10:00. Carson was still sleeping when I put him in the car but as I was buckling him in he woke up and said: "I feel better now." I said good I am so glad. He then said: "I no jump on the bed anymore!" I told him that was probably a good idea!! And even though he hated the hospital, he now loves to inform people that the doctor fixed his head!!




5 comments:
Linz, I can't believe how long your hair is! You are just so beautiful!
Poor thing! Glad that the doctor fixed his head :)
ER visits come with the package of having kids! I'm glad Carson recovered from the injury, he is sure a cutie!
Holy Cow!! Staples!! On a little boys head!! I cant believe they couldnt stitch it up... poor guy... at least they didnt have to shave his head... Oh and he looks like the little boy from the movie a Christmas Story in those glasses!! Too funny!!
Tough little guy! Glad he is okay! No more monkeys jumping on the bed!
Post a Comment