Sunday, December 6, 2009

Family Trip to Utah

On Wednesday November 11th we headed up to Utah for a little family vacation. We left around 4:45 pm and headed to St. George where we stayed at my Grandma's (thanks again Grandma) before we headed up to Provo on Thursday morning to visit Aunt WeeWee (aka Whitney) and Uncle Brock! The kids did pretty good on the way up...it helped that we had borrowed Aunt Maddy's DVD player. So before we left my mom came over and gave the kids new pajamas and also brought them warm gloves and a matching hat so they could stay warm in Utah. Carson LOVED the hat and gloves that Grammy brought for him and didn't want to take them off. My mom and I were laughing so hard, because Carson was running around the house with them on and was dripping sweat, but would not take them off. Then while we were in the car he again wanted to put them on...so of course I had to take a picture! Look how happy he is!! :)


This is how he spent the remainder of the trip! I know that probably is not the best things to have your kid watch T.V. for like 6 hours straight, but...oh well! Luckily we dont take road trips too often.

Bailey did really good, and luckily slept a lot of the time!


On the drive to Provo on Thursday, Carson was really tired but could not get comfortable in his carseat. So I helped out! :)


While we were there we took some family picutres. I didn't post any of them yet, but this is right after we took them. Ryan's cousin Drew took them. There were some really cute ones of the kids. Unfortunately the kids didn't cooporate as well during the family ones, but I think we still got a few good ones. Thanks Drew!


While we were there we also took the kids to one of the BYU basketball games. Ryan's brother Brock plays on the team. Carson was actually really into watching the game...and the mascot Cosmo! Bailey got a little tired of sitting in our laps, but I still got her to smile!

After the game Carson got to go on the court. He was excited because they had lowered the basketball hoops. So he liked to shoot his ball into the hoop! If you ask Carson who his favorite basketball player is, he will ALWAYS say uncle Brock. I am sure his dad hopes that he is as good as him one day...but we will just have to wait and see!!

Bailey enjoyed finally being able to crawl around and not be held!


Also while we were there Carson got play in some snow. He has been in the snow before but he was too little to remember. So it was really fun for him to wake up one morning and have a little bit of snow 0n the ground. Ryan took him out and got him a snow ball. When Ryan took him out and got it for him he kept saying "Oh WOW!"


And last I thought I would show a picture of Bailey. She does not like to have her hair done and loves when I finally take it out, and this is what it looks like after I take it out! Still cute to me!

1 comment:

Teresa said...

Hey Lindsay!! I love the blog, sorry about the ER ... what a nightmare! Fun being a mom to boys, huh!?!?!?!
Take care!
Teresa