Tuesday, June 22, 2010

So Sweet!


This morning I was getting ready to put the kids in the bath and Carson came in and and told me he had something to show me. So I went into his bedroom with him and he very proudly pointed to his bed. I got very excited and asked him if he had made his bed for me. He answered with a very large grin and a very sweet, "ya"!! He then ran over and gave me a big hug and I told him thank you! He then ran off to the bathroom to get into the bath!
(Above is what his bed looked like after he made it!)

Carson is at a very challenging age. He can throw fits and tease his sister, but then there are moments like this where he is the sweetest boy I have ever met! He tells me he loves me ALL the time. He also tells me that he missed me while I was gone. Whether I had been gone for a weekend, or only for a few minutes! As I said earlier he can tease his sister A LOT, but he can also be a very protective and loving older brother. He is always very concerned about Baileys safety, and will always come and tell me if she is doing anything he thinks is too dangerous. At night when I am putting Bailey to bed he will come in her room and give her kisses and say goodnight to her. And if she starts crying because she doesn't want to go to bed he gets really close to her face and tells her "It's OK Bailey, it's just night time"!!

I am so grateful to have Carson as my son! He is such a good boy most of the time and he really has such a sweet disposition.

I love you Carson!!

7 comments:

Heather Heaton said...

What a sweet heart!!! don't you love when they do sweet things like that!! makes all the tantrums worth it!

Kelly said...

Aww, that is so cute - he even put the pillows on it! You know you're not supposed to "fix" it because then he will forever lack self-esteem! I am too anal and always did that! LOL Carson sounds so much like Ryan was when he was little - so sweet.

Ie Li said...

That is precious. I think he did a pretty good job on the bed.

Kimber Ryan Van and Tye said...

That is so sweet, Linz! I can't wait for those moments

Megan said...

We love Cars! He is such a good boy and the few times he's not he makes me laugh!

Cameron and Shannon said...

I'm convinced there isn't anything better than a little boy being sweet. Maybe because it doesn't happen as often as girls. Or maybe it's because I have all boys :)

Laura: Mom of 5 said...

Oh I love that kid...and those tender moments are what makes mothers worth it.